*The 2020 fall sports season has been canceled. We will assess the viability of winter and spring sports at a later date.*
Students who are not medically cleared will not be allowed to attend practice or games.
1) In order to participate in athletics at Franklin Township School each student must have a current physical (exam is good for 365 days from the exam date). It is required that the examining physician fill out the three page NJDOE Physical Form. The form then needs to be filed with Mrs. Mani in the health office.
Once Mrs. Mani has the form, the school doctor must review it. The forms could take weeks to process, so it is imperative all forms are in by the deadlines.
If the student has a current physical form and wants to participate in an additional sport they do not need another physical (provided their last physical will remain valid for the entire time they will be playing). Instead, a Health History Update - Sports Form should be completed.
Please be advised that a Health History Update form for COVID-19 will also need to be submitted for the 2020-2021 school year.
2) Additionally, each student and their parent/guardian must return a Permission to Participate Form.
3) Each student must complete a NJSIAA Parent/Guardian Concussion Policy Acknowledgement Form.
4) Also, a cardiac form is also required by the state.
5) Finally, all opioid awareness forms must be submitted (required by state).
***FTS has an academic agreement that all our athletes need to file with Mr. Timko.
Anyone intetested in playing sports at FTS should contact Hunter Timko (email@example.com) with questions.
Pay-To-Play payments should be in the business office before participation begins.
The fee is $100 (check made out to Franklin Township School). Thank you.
Come Out and Cheer!
All are invited to come out and cheer on the FTS teams. Students in grades 6-8 need parent permission in the form of a note to the FTS office (no phone calls please) in order to stay after school for home games. K-5 students must be supervised by a parent/guardian during our events. Thank you for your cooperation.